Win 7 64bit Run issue?

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I loaded Evernote Exporter and exporter opens fine but the "Start Date" box as well as the "Save" is grayed out button is grayed out. When I click on the "Export Now" button nothing seems to be working. Is anybody else having any like kind of problems? Thanks!

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Fuzzy, I'm the author.  Thanks for posting.  What you are noticing is a general bug on all platforms.  However, you can still use the app; after setting the export location, click on "Save".  Now you should be able to "Export Now" and change the schedule as required.

Note that the Start Date cannot be set and is displayed for information purpose only.  (Since this is an alpha release, the UI and flow are not as clear as it should be.)  Let me know if you're still having issues.

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I'm on Vista 64bit and also have the same problem.  I set the export location, click on "Save", click on "Export Now", and I still get "Unexpected Export failure!".  My Evernote is portable version.  It's not installed.  It was moved from USB thumb drive to my local drive and can be run from either USB thumb drive or from local hard drive.

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2011 at 2:09 PM
peter733 wrote:

I'm on Vista 64bit and also have the same problem.  I set the export location, click on "Save", click on "Export Now", and I still get "Unexpected Export failure!".  My Evernote is portable version.  It's not installed.  It was moved from USB thumb drive to my local drive and can be run from either USB thumb drive or from local hard drive.

Peter, the exporter currently is designed to work only with an installed version of Evernote.  However, I can possibly support the portable version; I would simply need to locate ENScript.exe (see http://www.evernote.com/about/developer/windows.php) to perform the export.  Does ENScript.exe exist in your portable version?

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Dkarthikabiraman wrote:

Fuzzy, I'm the author.  Thanks for posting.  What you are noticing is a general bug on all platforms.  However, you can still use the app; after setting the export location, click on "Save".  Now you should be able to "Export Now" and change the schedule as required.

Note that the Start Date cannot be set and is displayed for information purpose only.  (Since this is an alpha release, the UI and flow are not as clear as it should be.)  Let me know if you're still having issues.

Entering an export location on my Win7 64-bit machine does not highlight Save nor Export Now. I am unable to use the program, period.

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Edited Mar 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Hi, I have the same problem "Unexpected export failure" with my portable evernote. The directory structure and the location of ENScript.exe is:

- Evernote portable

- App

- Evernote

ENScript.exe

Do you see the chance to use Evernote Exporter with the portable version ?